Level of Difficulty: Beginner Do-It-Yourselfer - Easy
Completion Time: 1 day
Easy to build, move and store, this shelving unit is ideal for creating storage space in a jiffy. Measurements are 72”W at the bottom and approximately 60”H. Special skills or specialized tools are not required to build this ladder-style shelving unit; shelves are simply laid across the rungs of a ladder structure, which can also be folded for easy storage.
The pine boards can be stained to match your decor. Apply varnish to enhance their appearance and facilitate cleaning.
- Circular saw or sliding mitre saw
- Screwdriver drill
- Drill bit, 3/8" with depth stop
- Tape measure
- 5 pine boards, 1" x 4" x 96"
- 3 pine boards, 1" x 12" x 96"
- 1 ½'' No. 6 screws
- Small chain, 65"
- Piano hinges or other hinges
- Wood filler or wood screw caps, 3/8"